Q: Misfires of several cylinders on highway drive

The car moves fine both in city and highway drive, but the engine misfires on highways when l press the gas pedal for a kickdown in the the process of overtaking other vehicles. Precisely when the rpm reaches a point beyond 5 the engine losses power, check engine light shows on the cluster. But when I reduce power or even stop, putting off the ignition and start the engine again, the engine regains full power, check engine light disappears and the car moves smoothly again until another kick down for the problem to reoccur again. After scanning the following codes appeared: Cylinder 6-2745, Cylinder 4-2747and Cylinder 3-2744. Then torque request via CAN 3D33. Best regards.

Hello - this is a known issue, and BMW has a technical service bulletin out to address this (#385317). A software upgrade to the engine management computer is the repair for this. You should check with your BMW dealer’s service center for this repair.

3. Misfires of several cylinders on highway drive