Q: I have a 2004 gmc yukon , when i turn on right turning signal the high beam comes on?

asked by on October 29, 2017

When I turn on right turning signal the high beam turns on as well. What do i need to to do to fix it ? Please help it pretty annoying.

Generally this is something caused by the flasher relay going bad or potentially, the turn signal switch in the steering column. The flasher relay is a small relay that allows the lights to flash based upon current flow and a resistor inside that causes them to flash. When this is faulty, this will cause them to flash very slow, very fast, stay solid or they may be working erratically with the hazard lights. You may have a corrosion issue in one of the sockets or potentially a shorted out turn signal switch assembly, which is known to cause this to happen on many cars. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr