Q: excessive belt material residue wearing onto idler pulley coating or paint on idler pulley wearing abnormally

Idler and tensioner pulley has excess belt material residue coating or paint from idler pulley wearing abnormally and appear to be bubbling on surface of tensioner alternator performance main issue

Hi Scott. Thanks for contacting us today. Any time a serpentine belt is replaced, it’s recommended to replace the pulley and tensioner at the same time. Older tensioners and pulleys will create more heat when they are older and can cause premature wear of the belt, leading to the symptom you’re describing. The use of aftermarket components can also cause this to occur. The solution to this issue is to replace the pulley, tensioner, and belt with OEM replacement parts.

3. excessive belt material residue wearing onto idler pulley coating or paint on idler pulley wearing abnormally