The hazards come on when i turn either left or right sign...

Q: The hazards come on when i turn either left or right signal switch.

asked by on August 21, 2017

When i use either blinker the hazards come on the dash board and shows in the front signal lights, but the rear signals function on the designated blinker (left or right). I replaced the turn signal switch, yet it does the same.

Generally this is something caused by the flasher relay going bad. This is a small relay that allows the lights to flash based upon current flow and a resistor inside that causes them to flash. When this is faulty, this will cause them to flash very slow, very fast, stay solid or they may be working erratically with the hazard lights. You may have a corrosion issue in one of the sockets or potentially a shorted out turn signal switch assembly, which is known to cause this to happen on many cars. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.