Q: Difficulty accelerating, loud fan noise

After I took the car to the dealership so as to fix some minor paint issue, it now has some very serious problems. While I'm driving, the car has difficulty accelerating. Each time I apply the gas, there is a loud noise made by the fan. Why did this happen? The car didn't have any major issues before. What should I do?

Hi there. If no body work was done and it was just paint work then it may be an electrical issue. It sounds like the fan is staying applied, which will cause this noise and cause the vehicle to act like this. If they disconnected the battery then this can occur.

You may need to drive the vehicle for a short time to allow the computer to adapt momentarily or it may need to be reprogrammed. If some serious body work was done then it may have some other mechanic issues. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your loss of power and repair this.

3. Difficulty accelerating, loud fan noise