Q: I just replaced my radiator and it's leaking transmission fluid.

I just replaced my radiator today, and now it's leaking transmission fluid. I'm guessing it's coming from the transmission cooling lines, but I'm not sure why. I replaced the lines and that didn't seem to solve the problem. Do I maybe have the lines attached to the wrong points? Like, do the lines cross or does the right side go to the right and the left side go to the left where they come from the engine... I forgot to look at that before I took it off and I'm afraid that might be the problem, so I tried switching it but it seems like it may still be leaking? Otherwise could it be that the radiator is somehow cracked and leaking fluid? This is my first time replacing a radiator and nothing I've tried seems to work in fixing it, so any advice would help. I would take it to a shop but I really don't have enough money. So thanks for the help!

Hi there. The transmission cooling lines are very tricky on a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Sometimes cross-threading or not properly tightening the lines can cause them to leak while, in some instances, a rubber o-ring inside the line might be pinched. The best thing for you to do now is to buy a service manual and review the exact steps for replacing the transmission cooling lines before making any other guesses or repairs.

Or, you can have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete an inspection to determine why the transmission fluid is leaking.

3. I just replaced my radiator and it's leaking transmission fluid.