Q: Does the mass airflow sensor affect how your brakes work besides rough idling?

Truck idles rough and brakes pedals are hard to push. This all started when the rough idling started.

Hi, thanks for writing in. While the mass airflow sensor does not have anything to do with the brake system, it will definitely affect how the engine will run and can cause it to run rough or idle rough if not working properly. This monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is failing, this can cause a rough idle or sometimes cause the car to stall. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Does the mass airflow sensor affect how your brakes work besides rough idling?