Q: Why wont my car start?

I have no power to my starter. My headlights work, dashlights work but i have no interior lights and door dinger doesnt work. car will not turn over.

A: You should try testing the battery first. V...

You should try testing the battery first. Verify it’s good and at least 75% charged.

Because your car has a PassKey theft deterrent system, a faulty ignition lock cylinder can cause this on your ’95 Monte Carlo. There should be 12v available at the purple wire on the starter solenoid with the key in the crank position.

If you feel like you need some assistance with this, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue and fix it at your own convenience.