Q: My 2015 Dodge Challenger scat pal oil pressure goes up when I'm driving to 53 psi and returns to 30 psi when I come to a stop

asked by on July 03, 2017

My malfunction light came on and checked all my gauges and noticed my oil pressure was at 53 psi and when I stopped returned to 30 psi

Hi there. Typically when you have oil pressure issues like this, it is due to one of two common causes. Either the oil pump or oil pump sensor is faulty or you have an obstruction inside the filter. Since you had a warning indicator light illuminate, it would have created and stored an error code in the ECU. The best way to diagnose this problem is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection. This will permit them to isolate the error code and determine the source of the oil pressure problem you are experiencing.