Q: How do you use the push button start system?

How do you use the push button start system?

A: Your car is equipped with a push button sta...

Your car is equipped with a push button start/stop system. While this is definitely more convenient than using a conventional key, there are a few things that might take some getting used to. Here’s what you should know about using the push button:

1. Push the button one time in the center to turn the ignition to the accessory position.

2. Push the button two times to turn the ignition to on but not start the car.

3. Push the button three times to turn the ignition off.

4. To crank the car, push the button one time with the brake pedal pushed in (or the clutch if you’re driving a stick shift).

Tips

• The engine will not crank if the Intelligent Key is not inside the car with you, or if the wrong Intelligent Key is used (not programmed for the car).

• The Intelligent Key can be inserted into its port if the battery in the key is dead. The car’s computer will read the key and you will be able to use the push button to start and stop the engine.