Q: Brakes squeak going in reverse

Hi. I bought a previously owned Chrysler 200 that now has around 60,000 miles on it. The car has some issues with the brakes that squeak when the car is cold. This never happens when the car is warmed up. This is a high-pitched squeaking sound that occurs when I apply the brakes while going into reverse. There is no sound while I'm braking going forward though. What could be the issue here? I appreciate your help.

A: This is a problem that may not be able to b...

This is a problem that may not be able to be fixed.

The noise is from the brake pad material metal in the pads squeaking on the rotors when you go in the opposite direction of the pad’s normal direction.

You can replace the brake pads to get rid of the noise but i feel it would be only temporary and the noise would come back.

You could try to replace the pads with a ceramic pad if it is offered aftermarket for your vehicle. This is the best solution to get rid of the noise.