Q: Whining noise near motor with acceleration and deceleration of RPM, power steering fluid level is normal.

After a road trip I heard the whining noise. Changed the alternator and checked power steering fluid level which was at a normal operating level. Still hear the whining noise, kinda sounds like a pissed off cat. The noise is directly correlated with the RPM of the engine when it accelerates and decelerates.

Hi there. Loved the sound description! In most cases, this type of noise is caused by a loose serpentine belt or worn out pulley on one of the accessories it powers. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection so they can pinpoint the source of the upset kitty noise and recommend the right repairs.

3. Whining noise near motor with acceleration and deceleration of RPM, power steering fluid level is normal.