Q: Replacement for thermostat repair cost is $608.05. Seems very high.

Replacement for thermostat repair cost is $608.05. Seems very high. The car is not a turbo!

Hi there. Replacing the thermostat housing on a 2008 Mini Cooper requires removal of multiple components and can take quite some time to complete the job correctly. Add the excessive labor to complete this job to the cost of replacement OEM parts for this unique vehicle, and the estimate actually is about average for this type of service. You might want to have a local shop provide you with an estimate then have YourMechanic.com mobile mechanics offer a similar quote so you can compare the two (if you live in a service area).

Hi there. This depends on what local shop or dealership you are attending to get that quote. Some vehicles require multiple items to be removed from the engine to gain access to the thermostat, which will bring the price up.

The information about the quote of a thermostat replacement on your vehicle is sent to CS to assist your further.

3. Replacement for thermostat repair cost is $608.05. Seems very high.