Q: Where does ignition usually draw its power? 89 wrangler with 94 chevy 350 and wiring. I'm not getting power to the key. 1989 Jeep Wrangler

The vehicle died on the highway. Lights all work but no power is getting to the key.

Hello - usually power to the ignition switch, engine swap or not, comes through the fuse block. So, first thing to check is the appropriate fuse for the ignition from the Jeep Owners Manual. With the engine swap, unless you did the work, there is no telling what wiring changes were made. If you are unable to make any headway, I would recommend an electrical problems inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Where does ignition usually draw its power? 89 wrangler with 94 chevy 350 and wiring. I'm not getting power to the key. 1989 Jeep Wrangler