Q: My Cadillac Escalade just got returned to me from the shop, because it wouldn’t start. They said they replaced the computer, but n

asked by on October 28, 2017

My Cadillac Escalade just got returned to me from the shop, because it wouldn’t start. They said they replaced the computer, but nOw the check engine light is on. The other day the dashboard lights were off, no reading on anything even though the truck was on and moving, but about a minute into driving, everything turned on, as did the check engine. The place where mileage can be seen flashes random alerts like that the lift gate fuse needs replacing or service tire monitor. The truck seems like it runs perfectly fine, I’m just wondering if the mechanics might have set up whatever this new computer was wrong, or if it’s just fuses, or is the engine really the one that needs a check up?

This sounds like you have electrical connection issues with the dash or body control module. These vehicles are known to have electrical connection corrosion buildup that caused these erratic electrical problems including no starts and running issues. This problem will need to be isolated and electrical connections cleaned and apply a dielectric to connectors to fix connectors at all the modules to include the instrument cluster.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr