Q: Reason for car continually stalling can't be found by dealerships

My car has been stalling and it has been happening for some time now, approx. a year. The only kind of gasoline I have used is premium Shell gas. Several times, I tried adding an injector cleaner, but that didn’t stop the stalling. I took the car to the dealership and was told that I’m not pushing the clutch in enough. They thoroughly tested the clutch. I explained to them that this probably wasn’t clutch-related because the stalling also happens in neutral. After that information they deducted that the problem must have been bad gasoline and returned my car to me. Upon returning for a 2nd time, it was then thought (by the dealer) that it was bent valves and they told me that I must have been downshifting and that’s what caused it (which is Not what happened)! Then I was informed it would be several thousands to fix the problem. I decided to get a 2nd opinion at another dealership, which was Very rude and he asked me why I was there. After I explained the problem, he said he would test the valves again, with a hefty fee for a diagnosis. As I walked out, I told him to ‘forget it!’ This morning, I called Honda to explain all the details to them and asked for their help. I was told they can’t influence any dealership. They also explained that my car has the same symptoms as a recall several years ago, but my car doesn’t have the same fuel delivery system, so my vehicle doesn’t apply. For two months now, my car has been stalling several times each day on a continual basis. I can’t find anyone who can fix my car. Do you have any insights or information to help me solve my car’s dilemma?

A: Hi. We will be happy to help you. I believe...

Hi. We will be happy to help you. I believe that you have a brake hardware component coming out of place at times and scraping against a moving surface. This is a common occurrence. Another common occurrence that could cause your particular noise are abnormally worn pads or abnormal rotor wear. If you’d like to verify this, I would recommend having an independent technician inspect your brake system in person to make a diagnosis.