Q: Why does my car struggle on any hill or highway ? It will not go above 30 mph and feels like it won't go above 2nd gear 2008 Kia Sportage

When I step hard on the gas it makes a noise like it's trying so hard but not going anywhere. And when I come to a stop from 5mph to 0mph it stutters back and forth

Hello - the loss of power you are experiencing could be a failed throttle position sensor, or a clogged catalytic converter. Either of these will reduce engine power, and cause the lack of performance you are seeing. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Why does my car struggle on any hill or highway ? It will not go above 30 mph and feels like it won't go above 2nd gear 2008 Kia Sportage