Q: Why does my car struggle on any hill or highway ? It will not go above 30 mph and feels like it won't go above 2nd gear 2008 Kia Sportage

When I step hard on the gas it makes a noise like it's trying so hard but not going anywhere. And when I come to a stop from 5mph to 0mph it stutters back and forth

Hello - the loss of power you are experiencing could be a failed throttle position sensor, or a clogged catalytic converter. Either of these will reduce engine power, and cause the lack of performance you are seeing. I recommend a loss of power inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Why does my car struggle on any hill or highway ? It will not go above 30 mph and feels like it won't go above 2nd gear 2008 Kia Sportage