Q: Ford Ranger won't go into gear brand new slave cylinder installed

asked by on July 15, 2016

I just bought a U-joint to put in my rear end drive shaft I just got home turned it off put some reps behind it when I crank it up and went to go into gear it would not shift just grind like I said the slave cylinder is new and I have full pressure in the clutch pads themselves are good what is going on ? !!!!

You may have air in the clutch hydraulic system and need to bleed out the air. When you jacked up the rear of your truck an air bubble must have gone down to the clutch slave cylinder and caused the problem.

Your truck is one of the hardest to get all of the air out of it. Sometimes you have to jack the front of the truck up high and then bleed the clutch. If this does not work, then a pressure bleeding system will need to be used to get the air out.