Q: Reverse gear not working in my automatic car

When I put my car's automatic gear shift lever in Reverse, it beeps, shows a blank dashboard, or says it's in Neutral. I have to turn the car off and restart to get it into reverse.

If the vehicle is having trouble shifting I would suggest having your transmission inspected by a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic, as there are many reasons why this could happen. I would first check to make sure that the transmission software is up to date. That particular vehicle uses a computer system for the transmission that can be updated, make sure it is updated with the latest version. I would also make sure that the battery is in good condition, as a low output battery can also cause electrical problems of all sorts.

3. Reverse gear not working in my automatic car