Q: Car won't start replaced timing belt cam shaft and crank sensors still get p0335 amen p0340 code

Car won't start replaced timing belt cam shaft and crank sensors then it ran fine for 2 months after replacing and now the car wont start, then started up, ran for a few days then died while driving, started up got home then won't start again and hasn't for a few days codes are p0335 and p0340 cam and crank sensor, car cranks fine but won't won't start

The codes suggest an electrical (wiring) and or sensor fault. A real time scanner can graph sensor function on cranking and you can obtain that diagnostic if you request a check engine light diagnostic. P0335 can set if any of these faults occur: 1) Open or short in the wiring harness; 2) Poor electrical connections; 3) Crankshaft position sensor failure; 4) Damaged signal plate; 5) Broken timing belt or chain; and 6) PCM faulty (rare; not typically encountered).

P0340 will set if any of these faults occur: 1) Camshaft position sensor circuit wiring that is broken, shorted, or corroded; 2) Camshaft position sensor circuit connector that is broken, shorted, or corroded; 3) Faulty camshaft position sensor; 4) Failed crankshaft position sensor; and 5) Faulty PCM (again, rare).

If you schedule the recommended check engine light diagnostic, the mechanic will pinpoint the issue and resolve this promptly for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car won't start replaced timing belt cam shaft and crank sensors still get p0335 amen p0340 code