Q: cam shaft location on 2007 honda odyssey

where is it located at and is it easy to do myself

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The camshaft is one of the main interior components of the engine. They are used to open and close valves on time to keep the engine running properly. Replacing them is something that you need to do with the engine removed from the vehicle. It is not an easy repair and we strongly suggest you seek professional help at that point. If you are only needing to change the sensors, then you can do that at home. It involves locating the sensor (usually next to the timing belt/chain), removing the electrical connection, and reinstalling the new one. For more help with your camshaft or its position sensors, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Hi there. It is probably a good idea to let a professional machine shop complete service or repairs to your Odyssey. A service and repair manual for the Honda Odyssey will provide you with a lot of valuable information, which you can review to determine if the replacement or service inside the motor is something you feel comfortable performing yourself.