Q: Installing performance brakes

asked by on October 06, 2016

When you install performance brake rotors and calipers (with performance pads) what all needs to be replaced with performance parts? Do the brake lines need to be performance too?

Brake Pads Replacement $134.60 - $456.66 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. It all depends on the performance parts that are being installed. You suggest following the recommendations of the kit manufacturer. If the rotors and pads are the same size as the original equipment, then you should not need to change anything additional. If you would like help with these replacements, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacements for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr