Q: Question about oil

asked by on February 21, 2018

Hey, so I just changed my oil at home and I use High Mileage Synthetic Blend oil. Does Synthetic blend give good engine protection as full synthetic or conventional? Thanks

Synthetic oil doesn’t seem to do a better job of lubricating, but it doesn’t wear out as fast. So if you are bad about letting your oil go a long time between changes synthetic is a good idea. I use it myself for just that reason. Synthetic blend is a middle ground that people use to save money. Your best bet is to use what you can afford and be sure to get the oil changes done at the appropriate time. To have an oil change done at your convenience you can contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to change your oil right there on the spot.