Q: Turns over won't start. 2000 Chevy Metro

My Metro 4 cylinder 1.3 isn’t starting. I just replaced the rod bearings, and this caused it not to start. When I put the key in and turn it turns over, but that’s all. I checked the timing and it’s good. Do you have any ideas on how to fix my car?

Hello. Sometimes there are torque specs that are required for tightening the rod bearings. If they are too tight or too loose, it could prevent the car from starting. I would check a Chilton Manual for the proper specs for tightening the rod bearings and make sure the camshaft and crankshaft are set to DTC. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, troubleshoot and repair the starting issue if you need further assistance.

3. Turns over won't start. 2000 Chevy Metro