Q: Oil leak behind oil filter

Behind and above the oil filter leaks some oil. Thought it may be bad oil filter seal so replaced the oil filter and oil but it still leaks a little. All bolts are tight and the filter itself is tight and well sealed. What else is in that area that could leak oil that it could be?

A: There should be an oil pressure sensor loca...

There should be an oil pressure sensor located near the filter housing. Check to see if there is a leak at the sensor. At idle, there should be about 15PSI of pressure and about 50-60PSI at around 3,000 RPM's. There should also be an oil cooler in the same area near the filter housing as well. Check it to be sure all of the inlets and outlets from this are also properly sealed. If you are not able to locate any leaks, I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to the car to diagnose the oil leak firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.