Q: Car runs for 20 minutes then shuts off. It turns back on 30 minutes later.

asked by on October 27, 2016

Car turns on fine i drive for 20 minutes on it shuts off then 30 minutes later turns on again for about the same time

Hi there. Check the battery cables to see if they are loose and if there is any corrosion. Check the condition of wires to the starter to ensure that they are tight and there is no corrosion. If the battery and cables check out to be good, then check the harness to the crankshaft position sensor.

Check for any debris, oil, corrosion, or bent / broken pins. If the harness checks out to be good, then replace the crankshaft position sensor. If you need further assistance diagnosing your stalling issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.