Q: Window switch is not functioning in my 2002 Mazda Tribute

asked by on December 02, 2016

drivers side window switch for front two windows do not work the rest however do. (it is not the window regulator) passenger side window rolls down with its switch but not drivers side switch and then the rest of the buttons on the master switch work fine. i have taken apart the master switch to check if anything is disconnected and it all looks good

Window Switch is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If your power windows are not functioning through the driver side window switch then it is likely that the switch has failed. Window switches have internal contacts that can break or wear out, which can result in the switch not functioning correctly, if at all. This is even more likely if the windows function using other switches. It may also be possible that there is a wiring issue with the switch that is causing the malfunction. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine if your driver side window switch needs to be replaced.