When I press on Gas my Wheel start shaking NOT STEERING W...

Q: When I press on Gas my Wheel start shaking NOT STEERING WHEEL, MY BACK WHEEL I coulf Go 5mph and it starts Shaking I have to press

asked by on September 22, 2017

When I press on Gas my Wheel start shaking NOT STEERING WHEEL, MY BACK WHEEL I could Go 5mph and it starts Shaking I have to press on breaks , I took it to the shop they said they will charge me $100 for scale in the tire but they ain’t really say what caused the problem but I went to another shop and asked they said it’s lug in the back of the wheel if that’s what they call it , I just wanna know would y’all know or can fix it

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The tire may be shaking for a number of reasons. The tire may be out of balance and need a weight added to it. This is less likely to show at such low speeds, but it is likely what the first technician was talking about. The issue can also be a bent wheel or a damaged tire. The second technician may have been talking about a broken lug nut. This rare, but lug nuts can break. This would cause similar issues, and is a definite safety issue. Our technicians would be happy to come look at your vehicle and discuss repairs with you. For more information on scheduling and prices, contact our service department.