Q: What does it mean if the Charging System light on the dash of comes on?

What does it mean if the Charging System light on the dash of comes on?

Your car’s charging system is an essential component – without an operable battery and alternator, your car won’t go anywhere. If the Charging System light is flashing on the dash, there’s something wrong. The main reason for the light to come on is if the battery isn’t charging. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Turn off all accessories, including your heater or air conditioner. If you’re driving at night, leave your headlights on for safety.

2. Drive cautiously and have your car inspected immediately.

Tips

If the battery isn’t being charged, it means there’s a problem with the alternator. Be careful because you only have a limited range with just the battery. Once the charge in the battery is drained, your car will stall out.

• What does it mean if the Charging System light on the dash of comes on?