Q: the oil pan drain plug head is rounded off to remove the plug are the threads clockwise or counter clouckwise?

asked by on February 24, 2017

the head of the oil pan drain plug is rounded off and shows signs of a thread sealer being used before

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

To remove the drain plug, turn the plug counter-clockwise. You may need to use a "bolt-out" type socket to grip what remains of the head. In the event that the internal (in pan) threads are damaged and you need a helicoil inserted just request an oil/filter change and the responding certified mechanic will restore the threads during that operation. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.