Q: Convertible top stops working half way down.

The convertible top in my BMW won't come down. I can only get it half way down before it stops working.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There should be a release lever to manually put the top down on the front of the top. You should give it a half-turn to disengage the electric motor. There are many problems with the linkage in these and you are probably going to have to buy a new top to fix it. It may be the motor, but it’s not likely. You can have this problem diagnosed by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.