Q: My car loses power while I am trying to accelerate. It will not reach the next gear.

The car was running fine late last night but this morning at about four thirty it started to lose power. It jerks while trying to accelerate.

Hello. With the amount of information, there are a limited number of suggestions. These include loss of ignition with higher spark loads (weak coils or ignition module), inadequate fuel supply -quantity and pressure (weak fuel pump, clogged fuel filter or injectors), possible water in the fuel, and possible throttle position sensor problems. Most, if not all of these will cause a Check Engine light condition. The problem codes will be extremely helpful in determining the faults. I would recommend having a car is not developing enough power inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and estimate for repairs.

3. My car loses power while I am trying to accelerate. It will not reach the next gear.