Q: Just replaced spark plugs and wires and my car is still miss firing and I can't pin point why and my old spark plug is oil covered

So I just replaced my spark plugs and plug wires and I'm still having a misfire in cylinder number 2 of my 1998 Ford Contour and it lacking getting up to speed I also noticed oil in the plug what does that mean

Hello there, many faults will cause your 1988 Ford Contour to have a misfire even after the spark plugs were replaced. When oil is seen on the spark plug this indicates that the valve cover is leaking onto the plugs. When this happens it fouls the plugs and can cause a misfire. Until the oil leak is addressed the spark plugs will continue to become fouled. If the misfire persists there are many potential causes such as the plug wires, fuel pump, vacuum leak, oxygen sensor, MAF sensor, or the cap & rotor. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your misfire fault and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• Just replaced spark plugs and wires and my car is still miss firing and I can't pin point why and my old spark plug is oil covered