Q: Jeep JK loss of power and engine light

asked by on August 29, 2017

Check engine light coming in a 2012 Jeep JK, it will come on and off at times and throws the code of an o2 sensor. But sometimes it will come on with no code at all! Today while making a 90 degree turn out of a parking lot and I lost power and had to pull off to get out of the way of an on coming car. Don't know if these are corellated but I about halfway through the turn my traction light started flashing and it it just came to a sluggish roll

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. With the vehicle stalling, my first instinct would be to check the charging system. That would be the battery and the alternator, their electrical wiring, and the terminals. When the system fails, all of the electrical components lose power, and you can get an array of warning lights. If both are working correctly, test the fuel system for proper pressure, the ignition system for proper voltage going to the spark plugs, the throttle, and air intake sensors. Scanning the vehicle again for diagnostic codes if possible, as this may also help point you in the right direction now that things have worsened. For more help with testing and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.