Q: Advice on covering rusty holes on the roof of a car

What's the best way to cover rusty holes on the roof of a car? Shop wants to charge me 600 bucks for the service.

Yes, because they want to do it professionally. Here’s the problem with rust. Rust on metal, rusts from the inside out. So once it is rusted, the metal is damaged and the only way to fix it is to cut off the rusty part, weld new metal on it, do a bunch of body work sanding it and making it look good and then repainting it. But if you want to try and fix it yourself, you can get a good grinder and you can grind all the rusty parts, and fill it up with fiberglass and bondo, sand it down and paint it if you want to do that. It’s not going to look perfect, but it’ll look better than just having it rust. If it’s the roof of a car, think about how often you see the roof of a car? You can try fiberglass, bondo and some spray paint.

3. Advice on covering rusty holes on the roof of a car