Q: Can't pass smog check

asked by on March 24, 2016

My car won't pass a smog check. I had the number two sensor replaced, but it still did not pass. The Check Engine light had been off for awhile.

When you take your vehicle to get a smog check, the smog technician will place your Volvo through a series of tests to determine if your vehicle is polluting the environment. If your Volvo did not pass smog, they will give you sheet of paper providing the test results of the smog check. With the information for this question being a bit limited, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come by and review these test results. This vital information will tell the mechanic exactly why your Volvo S80 did not pass its smog check and what needs to be done so your car can pass smog.