Q: possible misfire or trans/torque converter problem

Above 40 mph Between 1400 and 1800 rpm and I give a little bit of throttle to accelerate and I get what feels like a random misfire, at higher rpm it doesn't do this. Cleaned throttle body and installed new tps. No misfire codes are showing up on dash when I turn the key 3 times. Would a obd pick this up or could it be cam sensor or map sensor. P.s. This truck has no mas sensor. I don't think it's trans or torque converter no slipping and it moves without throttle.

A: Try driving the vehicle in regular drive or...

Try driving the vehicle in regular drive or 3rd gear out of over drive and get to the same vehicle speed and see if the problem is gone. Then try driving to a speed where the engine speed is 1400 to 1800 RPMs and also see if problem is gone. Then put it back into overdrive on selector and repeat to see if problem comes back. If it does, then the problem is in the torque converter overdrive or solenoid that controls the shift to that gear. If you want to have this checked, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the possible misfire to have this corrected.