Q: Safety while jacking up the car

Is it safe to jack up the front of the car when the parking brake is not working even if the rear wheels are jacked off?

A: It depends on where you are jacking the car...

It depends on where you are jacking the car. If you are doing it on a perfectly flat surface, you jack it up and then put the jack stands on and let them down, it's fine. Don't jack it up without something blocking it. But once you jack it up and put jack stands down, it's going to sit on that jack stand so you don't have to worry. But you can make your own jack. Gets some 2x4 wood and cut it with a saw at an angle.