AC compressor only engages around 40% of the time thermos...

Q: AC compressor only engages around 40% of the time

asked by on September 17, 2016

The AC does not always engage, a mechanic thought it was an electrical problem. Signal not reaching the compressor. When it does engage the compressor is working well

This is likely due to a faulty thermostat sensor which is responsible for controlling the temperature at which the AC compressor comes on. To determine this will require a series of tests. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your compressor issue and make necessary repair.