Q: I have 2 codes for my Honda Accord Hybrid 2005, P0AC4 and P0A7F, I am wondering what the severity of these codes are the cost?

I have 2 codes for my Honda Accord Hybrid 2005, P0AC4 and P0A7F, I am wondering what the severity of these codes are as well as the cost? I have done some research and but am unsure if the cost will be significant. The P0A7F: Hybrid Battery Pack Deterioration The P0AC4: Hybrid Powertrain Control Module Requested MIL Illumination

Not sure how familiar you are with hybrid vehicles, but what are your thoughts on probable cost of repair? Also, is there anything I could do at home to try and lessen the repair cost? My friend and I both have worked on cars before.

Best, Hudson Forrester

The cost of the repair is unknowable until the precise failure is pinpointed. However, it is certainly in the range of close to zero to $3,000. Zero represents a circumstance where the fault code reflects a loose wire or high resistance connection, while $3,000 represents the cost of replacing the entire IMA battery assembly (Honda OEM part no.: 1D070-RCJ-306RM). P0AC4 may be an artifact (aka, "informational code"), that is that code may have set as a consequence of the possibly faulty battery that is implicated in the other code P0A7F. If the battery is original and the vehicle has over 100,000 miles, my "guess" is you have a battery fault of some sort and thus the diagnostic focus would begin with the battery pack including physical connections, any outward indicators of trouble and then detailed and methodical (cell by cell) voltage and resistance testing, much of which is easier if you have an appropriate scan tool. As far as the technology, and your well-placed concern about the economics, really the principal thing you can do to reduce the cost of servicing a vehicle like this is obtain the Shop Manual, follow the instructions, and perform the diagnostic. If and once a fault is pinpointed in the battery you would then have to make a decision about repair versus replace. I do not recommend repairing these assemblies, whether by yourself or others. If available, buy a new battery pack and save yourself tons of diagnostic headaches going forward. If one cell is bad, the others are not far behind. Indeed during testing of the battery pack, once you find your "first" anomaly, replace the battery pack. Hybrid vehicle diagnostics, where OBD-II trouble codes have been stored by the PCM, is handled the same as any other check engine light diagnostic. If you desire testing of the battery pack to determine if it is the cause of the deteriorated battery code, please request a Check Engine Light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get these two codes resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I have 2 codes for my Honda Accord Hybrid 2005, P0AC4 and P0A7F, I am wondering what the severity of these codes are the cost?