Q: power steering not working, hydraulic fluid overflowing

I noticed my power steering wasn't good on my cadillac. The hydraulic fluid is overflowing out of the cap. Could it be blocked? Any advice?

Hello there. A few different faults can cause the power steering fluid to overflow. You are correct that a blockage of some sort could cause the system to overflow. The most likely cause would be either a blocked line, a leak in the system allowing air in the suction side, or a failing power steering pump. If you want to have your power steering inspected, a professional technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your issue and perform the proper repairs.

3. power steering not working, hydraulic fluid overflowing