Q: How do I know if I need engine mounts?

I was told I need engine mounts. They told me there is a vibration, but I don't feel the vibration.

Greetings. Engine mounts are made of rubber that is designed to dampen vibration, in time the rubber will dry up and loose its ability to absorb vibrations. The vibration caused by a bad motor mount will increase gradually, so your body likely wont be able to tell when the vibrations increase because you will adjust to the slight vibrational changes. The driver becomes "immune" to bumpy rides because the change happens so gradually that the vibrating becomes normal and they may forget how smooth the ride was with good mounts. The engine mounts commonly go bad and the rubber deteriorates. I suggest having them evaluated by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. The mechanic will be happy to show you pictures of the mounts and explain to you what is broken and how they can replace the mounts for you.

3. How do I know if I need engine mounts?