Q: Hi Samuel, my Hyundai Accent 07's clutch slides straight to the floor with no resistance, the gears won't catch and the reverse g

My Hyundai Accent 07's clutch slides straight to the floor with no resistance, the gears won't catch and the reverse gear gives a grinding noise when attempted. I think fluids are good.

Hi there. Usually when this occurs, the issue is with the clutch master cylinder. A clutch master cylinder contains a reservoir that stores the brake fluid. It is connected to the clutch slave cylinder through hoses. When you push the clutch pedal, brake fluid flows from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder, applying the pressure necessary to move (engage) the clutch. It has internal and external seals that can fail. If the external seals wear out, the clutch master cylinder will leak brake fluid, reducing the amount of fluid in the car and causing the clutch to malfunction. However, it could also be an internal component or adjustment issue, so before you have any repairs completed, it is probably a better idea to have a professional mechanic complete a clutch is not working inspection.

3. Hi Samuel, my Hyundai Accent 07's clutch slides straight to the floor with no resistance, the gears won't catch and the reverse g