Q: Brakes make squeaking sound

asked by on February 03, 2016

I hear a squeaking sound from brakes (sounds like metal on metal) when they get hot.

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The brake pads on most vehicles are metallic type brake pads, and these may exhibit a metal grinding sound that may be normal. The brake pad could also be worn to make the same sound. The best recommendation is to have the brakes checked. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect the braking noise to determine what repairs should be performed.