Q: Car lacks power on acceleration and stumbles at highway speed

asked by on June 03, 2016

My car is having major problems. It won't properly accelerate and the car jerks while trying to accelerate. It also hesitates while accelerating and when I have to accelerate hard smoke comes out of the exhaust. All the problems seem to be even worse at higher speeds. Can you tell me what the problem could be?

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This vehicle and engine has a list a mile long of various engine, cooling, computer, transmission, fuel and other possible problems that could contribute to causing the problems you are having. My best recommendation is to have a mechanic test the vehicle and diagnose the problem after examining the fuel pressure, computer and ignition system for any problems. The diagnosis will need to be thorough in order to isolate the cause of the problem. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can diagnose any acceleration problems at your home or office.