Q: Car is smoking.

My car is smoking.

If your car is smoking, I highly recommend that you do not start the vehicle and instead have a certified mechanic inspect the smoke coming from your Toyota Camry as soon as possible. Due to the lack of information, I need to treat this question very seriously for your safety. Cars can smoke for many different reasons. If the smoke you see is coming out of the tail pipe, it is likely that your engine is burning engine oil, coolant or it may be emitting unburned fuel. Engine oil smoke typically has a bluish tint to it, coolant will burn white smoke and unburned fuel will produce black smoke. All of these observations would require the help of a certified mechanic to check and verify.

If you see smoke coming out of the engine bay, it could be that oil or other fluids are dripping on the hot exhaust. A serious leak in the cooling system can release hot coolant into the atmosphere. When this happens, the coolant leaves a sealed system and in turn flash boils, creating quite a lot of smoke. Electrical shorts can also produce smoke and can even produce fire. Having a certified mechanic inspect your Camry as soon as possible can help verify these concerns and will help get your car safely back on the road.

3. Car is smoking.