Q: Opinion about Chinese-made Volvo that is being shipped to the USA

What do you think of Volvo, now that is owned by a Chinese car company and some models are made there and shipped to the United States? Would you buy one?

I wouldn’t buy a Volvo because I’m not a fan of European cars. They have a tendency to be over-engineered and their parts cost a fortune. They need special computers to work on them.

They generally make them so that they are just a burden. I worked on a Volvo the other day to change a slave cylinder and practically had to take the transmission out of the car, which is absurd.

Realize that most of the cars made in China, stay in Chinese market. They are starting to move some of them over here. As with any new manufacturing process, I wouldn’t buy anything that’s newly changed, until it has been out for 4-5 years to see if they have problems. When they come up with a new design, I wouldn’t buy it even if it was a Toyota. I would wait 3-5 years to see if the car held up or had problems.

3. Opinion about Chinese-made Volvo that is being shipped to the USA