Q: RPMs are fluctuating during idle - 2014 Nissan Altima

Car rpm fluctuates and intend to switch off sometimes , acceleration is not picking up after high rpm. Already changed the maf sensor. Any idea what causing the trouble? And yea engine light is on

A: Hello. The first thing to check is what pro...

Hello. The first thing to check is what problem codes are setting the Check Engine light. The throttle position sensor, a clogged fuel filter, or dirty throttle body could produce the symptoms you describe. Most auto parts stores will read the problem codes for free, which will speed up the diagnostic process and save money by getting the precise parts.

For additional help with this problem, I would recommend having an inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine the exact cause of the problem.