Q: Can bad coils fry that computer the PCM

Mechanic said that the PCM in the car was fried and that it was caused by bad coils that there was a short in the coils and also a bad injector they replace the computer and one of the coils I drove it 3 miles and they said that they computer fried again and had to replace it again

OBD-II PCMs have circuit protection to take account of the possibility of shorted actuators (fuel injectors, coil drivers) and other electrical overloads. Statistically, the PCM is probably the most reliable component on the entire vehicle. If the cause of the original fault (no start?) was claimed to be due to "coils", then how could the PCM have possibly failed again if a new coil was installed and the other coils were verified? That is, if the PCM was truly damaged, the cause obviously has nothing to do with the coils inasmuch as the failure occurred twice (after the coil issued was repaired). If you are back to square one and need a conclusive diagnostic, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Can bad coils fry that computer the PCM