Q: My oil pressure low light comes oil and I replaced the sensor several times but it still comes on

The low oil pressure light comes on and I replaced the sensor several time as well as fixed an oil leak I had but this light still comes on as well as the check engine light

Hello, thank you for writing in. Particularly having the check engine light on, the vehicle will have set off diagnostic troubleshooting codes that pertain to whatever component has set off the warning lights. You will want to start by having these codes read by a scan tool, which can be done by a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. Once you have those codes, you may have a better idea on what is going wrong. Without the diagnostic codes, and considering what you have already done to the vehicle, you will want to look into the condition of the oil pump and oil pressure sending unit. Keep in mind that the oil pressure is supposed to raise and fall with the RPMs of the engine. The lower the RPM, the less oil pressure generated or needed by the engine (generally speaking 10 psi/1000 RPM). Start with scanning the vehicle for diagnostic codes to determine what the engine has already detected is wrong, and take further testing from there. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My oil pressure low light comes oil and I replaced the sensor several times but it still comes on